Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Divided

These are some lyrics I just typed up... Just what I've been praying and thinking lately. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them to maybe improve them or if any verses come to mind as you read. Pretty rough version.. just thought I'd share because it expresses what I've been thinking and learning recently.



My heart is divided and I cannot unite it

I need your truth to ignite my passion your word should move me to action, Lord

I need your sight to open my eyes to who I am

I’ve been searching and calling I’ve been running and falling

I need your grace to enable me I know I’m forgiven, free, Lord

I need to believe the things that you say are true

And it’s a fight

It’s a struggle

To defeat the enemy’s lies

But my Savior has given me weapons and I will not compromise

Though my heart may rage within me, my purpose remains clear

I will choose to glorify you even when no one is near

You have promised a crown of life for those who stay strong

I am claiming the promise that your plan goes beyond this

I need your light to show me the way I know I’ll meet you someday, Lord

Show me how you give new strength to those who seek

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading a lot about God being our light... I really like to think about how Christ is the light. He isn't giving us a random light. He is giving us himself. Psalm 36:9 says "For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see." And the verse in 2 Corinthians 4:6 that says "For God, who said,"Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

    Now. I'm not exactly sure why I felt like telling you all this. I guess I really liked your line that says "I need your light to show me the way I know I'll meet you someday, Lord" And I just happened to have read those sweet verses a few days ago!

    Anyways. I really like this April. It almost seems like a Psalm. Like a modern Psalm. Because you express your concerns and desires.. Yet you are praising the Lord through it. It's awesome.

    P.S. I feel like I am experiencing a lot of the same issues right now. It's amazing how crafty the devil can be. But luckily, in the end we are victorious. I love you girl. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete